Friday, November 13, 2009

Our Little Bundle

Our little bundle of joy spent the first night in the nursery and the next morning they had to take her to the NICU where little did I know she would have to spend the next two weeks. Due to the fact that she was a month early she had a few minor things they wanted to check out. She had fluid and wasn't able to maintain the correct body temp. I was a basket case knowing my little one could not be with me. I would make visits to see her every chance I could. All the staff in the NICU were very nice and good to our baby.
I was finally released to go home on July 12th. That was the hardest thing in the world to do. I couldn't imagine leaving her at the hospital.
I would go visit her everyday and spend most of the day with her just holding her and talking to her. I would just cry everytime I had to leave her. She got the body temp maintained and the fluid was almost gone but she wasn't feeding correctly so she had to stay until she could take all of her bottles when they fed her. It took some time for her to get it down but baby girl did great and got to come home on July 19th. It was so scary driving home with her because now she was all ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment